Different Forms Of Logistics For Your Company
Companies have been utilizing logistics for a long time. From the start of their operation up to now, companies have constantly refined their logistics to maximize its positive effects in their business. Experienced companies like Estuary Freight UK have compartmentalized their operation including the logistics that manages each area. Though companies use more or less number of logistics, here are the different forms of logistics for your company.
- Procurement – Whether the company is just starting or has been operating for a while, procurement logistics is a vital part of the company. There are many operations involved in this. Among them are market research, controlling of orders, managing suppliers, and choosing between making and buying resources. It also includes security of the supply flow and deciding between outsourcing or increasing internal efficiency.
- Distribution – Distribution starts after production and up to consumer access locations. It also deals with processing orders, warehousing and transporting finished products to distribution outlets or consumers. Balancing between the rate of production and the rate of consumption is vital in distribution logistics.
- Disposal – Waste materials from production require attention for proper disposal. Management determines whether waste materials can be converted into reusable resources or there is a more efficient way of disposing waste.
- Reverse – Not all products are sold or consumed. Some are returned to the company. Reverse logistics deals with returned or unsold products and if there is a way to reuse them for production. Transporting products from distribution outlets back to the production area or to the disposal area is also covered here.
- Green – Green logistics covers the ecological impacts of logistics mainly the distribution and reverse logistics. Efficiency in transporting products while minimizing environmental effects during transportation is the focus in green logistics.
- RAM – RAM logistics covers technology used by the company. It still focuses on the efficiency and maximizing output. The system used in the equipment is also covered.
- Asset Control – Products are not just delivered and distributed for consumption. Some are used for promotion, display and reference within the distribution outlets. Asset control logistics manages these assets.
- Emergency – Emergency logistics handles the distribution or transportation of resources and products not within the normal operation schedule. This covers the management of transporting products efficiently even in tight schedule.
- Production – Production logistics is among the most important logistics within the company. It manages the machines and equipment for production as well as the moving of raw materials through different stages in production.
Most if not all of these forms of logistics are necessary to increase efficiency in business operation and maximize the profits while meeting the demands of the consumers and the company itself.